The COVID-19 pandemic has not stopped us in our search for everyday heroes to join our growing team. We continue to hire and are taking every precaution to safeguard our employees, residents, and candidates during the hiring process.
Erickson Living is positioned to grow the number of communities it manages and owns in the next five years. We have a very aggressive development strategy which is focused on acquiring and developing new land. This growth requires a strong development and construction team to manage the various projects. This development team has expanded and offers individuals great career advancement and opportunities. We currently have a job opening as an Interior Design Project Manager to work in our corporate headquarters located in Catonsville, Maryland.
The Interior Design Project Manager will assist the Director of Interior Design and Director of Development Projects with community interior design life-cycle and renovation projects from design through construction. Work with development team to establish and promote EL Interior Design Guidelines for developing and existing communities including but not limited to interior finishes, furniture, window treatments, accessories and equipment. Assist communities with managing design consultants and contractors for scope of work, quality of design and adherence to EL Design Guidelines.
Interior Design Project Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director of Interior Design to assist the community and required consultants to develop and/or update their Life-Cycle Plans and renovation projects establishing a roadmap for future projects.
- Support the Director of Interior Design and Director of Development Projects in their Community life-cycle planning efforts including establishing and maintaining 5-year plans for communities.
- Work with the Director of Interior Design to establish furniture budgets for new buildings in developing communities and major repositioning projects.
Promote programmatic guidelines for existing community renovations incorporating concepts from developing campuses.
- Provide guidance, attend meetings and review drawings as required ensuring project adherence to corporate standards and guidelines for developing and existing communities.
- Advise communities regarding design best-practices as it relates to life-cycle renovations and facilities projects.
- Provide design consultation to Development directed repositioning projects and new development projects as required.
- Review furniture documentation and provide guidance as needed for new and existing community projects.
- Assist community with vendor selection as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors in Interior Design or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years’ experience.
Experience with contracting and managing third party consultants preferred. Senior Living design experience preferred.
Willing to travel 35-50%