Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned.
- Explains how menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods. Makes recommendations.
- Informs guests of daily specials.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Handles resident and guest complaints in a positive and professional manner, efficiently resolving service and quality concerns.
- Flexible with job duties, as assigned performs catering function set-up, break down and service.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and dining room staff
- Listens and follows up effectively.
Ability to serve meals, understand guests special requests, and follow through with the service process in a friendly manner.
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays as well as Days and Evenings. Must be flexible with scheduling.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience in a kitchen/service environment preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.