ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following:
1. Delivers skilled nursing care under the direction of the supervising nurse, as outlined in the plan of treatment as prescribed by the physician, and according to the individual state nurse practice act.
2. Observes signs and symptoms and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition and reports to the supervising nurse any change in the patient condition.
3. Records client’s condition, interventions and evaluation in the medical record as documentation of home visits, according to agency policy.
4. Submits a record of visits/hours worked each day.
5. Participates in case management conferences and other resident related meetings such as transition meetings with other team members.
6. Observes client rights and confidentiality.
7. Observes infection control and standard precautions.
8. Observes Advance Directives, as indicated.
9. Complies with departmental policies, and licensing and certification regulations.
10. Attends departmental staff meetings, staff in-services, QA meetings, and utilization review sessions as scheduled.
11. Adheres to and promotes the mission and philosophy Erickson Living Communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse employee work group.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to perform physical and psychosocial assessment of client and family.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates caring attitude and good customer service skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing and licensed by the state.
• Recent home care experience.
• Must speak, read and write the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current licensure with the Maryland state board of nursing as a Licensed Practical Nurse
• Current CPR (American Health Association's Healthcare Provider)