Maris Grove - Located in Glen Mills PA. Delaware County
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of maintenance staff and overall maintenance of the community interior and exterior campus. Duties to include, but not limited to care and maintenance of all floor tile, walls and attachments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintenance and repair of all interior facilities.
2. Upkeep of all interior areas.
3. Installation of new equipment, fixtures, etc…
4. Maintenance of all associated equipment, machines, and tools.
5. Assist in hiring of maintenance staff.
6. Maintenance and operation of all entry locking devices.
7. Maintenance and operation of CATV system.
8. Ordering and inventory of all maintenance supplies and materials.
9. Proper training of all maintenance staff on how to successfully perform residential building maintenance. Be available to consult on technical aspects of building maintenance.
10. Perform all other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper maintenance of facilities. Ability to supervise.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree preferred. High School diploma or GED required. Some college may be considered in lieu of experience. Minimum three to five years experience in general maintenance. One or more years of supervisory experience preferred.
Supervises the maintenance apprentice, maintenance mechanics, appliance mechanics and painters.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to lift 50 pounds, over 50 pounds must use the aid of a hand truck or get assistance, and move light furniture. Standing on one’s feet for a long period of time, bending and extensive walking. Ability to push and pull, climb and descend ladder to 6/8 feet or higher.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be exposed to occasional unsanitary conditions, unpleasant odors, and hazardous (concentrated chemicals).