Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Medical Assistant provides clinical support to medical/specialty providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs clinical duties as directed or assigned by clinical leadership or practice management, e.g., patient history; vital signs; EKG’s; phlebotomy (blood draws), and injections.
· Maintains stocking of treatment rooms and ensures their cleanliness.
· Maintains lab facilities to ensure compliance with all necessary EHMG policies and procedures, and OSHA guidelines.
Hours: 8am - 4:30pm or 8:30am - 5pm
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential function consistently and with minimal supervision by utilizing the learned skills. The following skills are representative of the knowledge and/or ability(s) required: vital signs; phlebotomy; EKG's; injections.
The incumbent must also possess excellent verbal and written communications skills and be proficient with the use of computers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· High School graduate/GED.
· Graduate from an accredited/certified Medical Assistant Program to include Phlebotomy and CPR certificates.
· Timely re-certificiation in accordance with the provisions of the certifying Board are also required.
· 1 or more years of medical clinical skills preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Minimum requirement for the incumbent is to maintain current certification and/or registration with their accrediting Board. This must occur before the expiration date and without exception.