ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Requires minimal supervision on a daily basis and demonstrates willingness to make decisions and take action.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and supports and explains reasoning for decisions.
- Seeks increased responsibility.
- Assists in developing follow-up procedures for monitoring identified problem areas.
- Responsible for leading both the Concierge and No Place Like Home Programs through team
- Coordinate requested guest hospitality services for guests within Continuing Care using the Concierge handbook and interpersonal skills.
- Executes and is responsible for all Concierge and No Place Like Home services (over 30).
- Greet and direct guests, visitors, and staff; handle questions/concerns efficiently.
- Drive as necessary to pick-up items such as dry-cleaning and photography.
- Assist with Valet Parking.
- Assess customer needs and limitations by making decisions on type and quality of information to provide which may include but not limited to; assist guests with faxes, email and computer needs, flower orders, library and movie requests.
- Coordinate personal item pick-up, plant and pet care in resident IL and Assisted Living Apartments.
- Display courtesy and respect and act as a role model for new employees.
- Manage difficult or emotional customer situations and identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Respond to all guests’ requests for assistance while maintaining Guest privacy and dignity at all times as well as guest confidentiality.
- Model positive team behaviors, smile, consistently demonstrate friendliness and express a genuine caring attitude toward guests.
- Escort guests as needed.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and proper use of Standard Precautions.
- Explain the Welcome Book and resources available.
- Shares ideas to solve problems on the neighborhood (department) and looks for ways to improve the neighborhood (department).
- Exhibit good listening and comprehension.
- Share guest’s knowledge with other staff while maintaining proper HIPAA guidelines.
- Select and use appropriate communication methods.
- Demonstrate ability to work with others in a professional atmosphere.
- Reports quarterly to PIRMS committee based on survey results and service audits (performed monthly) and monthly to Continuing Care Administration.
- Perform any additional duty as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
BS degree is preferred in Health Services field. Experience with seniors, health care and service delivery. Satisfactory driving record required.
Must be able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.