Front desk receptionist, appointment scheduler, message taker
• Receiving and scheduling patients at front desk as well as answering phone taking accurate messages.
• Receive and greet patients
• Register patients into computer system
• Schedule patients in computer scheduling system
• Documents concise messages from internal/external customers
• Answering multi line phone
• Receive and upload New Patient information into the system
• Request patient medical records from outside providers and follow-up as necessary to ensure receipt
• Accurate scanning and placement of documents into patient charts and labeled correctly to include attaching reports to referral/order in order to close the referral loop
• Add/Update Insurance information into system
• Verify Insurances prior to appointment (to include manual verification, if needed)
• Make daily reminder calls to patients for upcoming appointments
• Assist with completion of Visit Prep forms to ensure efficient provider visit
• Work with other departments/Specialists to assist in coordination of care when needed
• Work on spreadsheets and tasks as directed by Practice Administrator.
• Provide exceptional customer service to residents, families and vendors
Good communication skills
Use of multi line electronic telephone system
Filing/charting patient records
Documenting accurate records
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school graduate or GED equivalent required. One to three years front medical office experience required.
• Graduate from an accredited/certified Medical Assistant Program to include Phlebotomy and CPR certificates, preferred.
• Timely re-certification in accordance with the provisions of the certifying Board are also preferred.
• 1 or more years of medical clinical skills preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.