The Memory Care Manager will oversee the management and performance of the Memory Care neighborhood as well as support the incorporation of Memory Care services throughout the Continuum of Care. Through leadership support of residents, family members, and the household staff, the Memory Care Manager will be responsible for meeting the psycho/social needs of residents, in addition to ensuring the highest quality of resident care and customer service in the Memory Care neighborhood. The successful candidate will create and maintain a strong, cross-functional, team philosophy by encouraging communication, relationship building, dedication to customer service and the commitment to quality resident care.
Additional responsibilities may include:
• Conduct pre-residency assessments and screening of potential residents and make recommendations for appropriate level of residency in conjunction with the Admissions Committee and other team members.
• Evaluate the psychosocial and activity of daily living (ADL) needs of residents in Memory Care and coordinating care and services as needed.
• Monitor the successful engagement of activities for residents with cognitive impairment throughout the Continuum of Care.
• Lead a holistic, Person-Centered approach to assessment and service/care planning.
• Work with interdisciplinary team to communicate with residents and families before plan of care is changed (when possible) or when there is a change in the resident’s condition.
• Partner with Assisted Living Manager to develop support groups and educational programming opportunities for residents and family members in the Memory Care neighborhood and partner with Independent Living and Post-Acute Social Workers to effectively support Residents transitioning between levels of care.
• Educates residents about the importance of Advance Directives and facilitates completion of such documents.
• Maintains a working knowledge and ensures compliance of Federal, State, and local regulations, as well as facility policies regarding Memory Care (and level of care – LTC or ALF).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Social Work degree or degree in related field is required.
• Greater than 5 years related experience in providing services for residents with cognitive impairment and or managing/leading a Memory Care neighborhood required.
• Demonstration of progressive approaches to supporting and enhancing the quality of life for seniors with cognitive impairment.
• Must demonstrate knowledge of geriatric population and the aging process; including the physical, psychological and social needs of the elderly.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Serve Safe Certification (within 30 days of hire)
• Social Work or related field licensure issued by the State required