Tallgrass Creek, a 5-star retirement community in Overland Park, KS, provides an engaging culture, excellent work/life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. Our community was recently recognized as the top retirement community in our area and selected as one of the nation’s top nursing homes by U.S. News and World Report. We are now looking for a fulltime Occupational Therapist.
SUMMARY: Responsible for Occupational Therapy evaluation, screenings and treatments to meet residents’ needs. Is a role model of customer service principles and consistently monitors and implements quality efforts. Ensure that the department functions accordingly to accepted quality standards with a customer service focus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, AOTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
- Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
- Complete appropriate screening of customers in order to determine whether the individual warrants an evaluation.
- Evaluate, develop and carry out occupational therapy treatment plans in consultation with physician and in compliance with physician order. Monitor plans and modify when necessary.
- Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
- Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
- Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of a bachelors’ degree in occupational therapy is required. Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for Occupational Therapy.
- Current CPR Certification
- Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to develop and adjust plans of care base upon status changes of the customer.
- Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, timesheets and tally evaluative tests.
- Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.