Tallgrass Creek, a 5-star retirement community in Overland Park, KS, provides an engaging culture, excellent work/life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in peoples’ lives every day. Our community was recently recognized as the top retirement community in our area and selected as one of the nation’s top nursing homes by U.S. News and World Report. We are now hiring for a PRN Occupational Therapy Assistant
SUMMARY: Responsible for the day to day Occupational Therapy treatments to meet resident’s needs. Is a role model of customer service principle and consistently monitors and implements quality efforts. Ensure that the department functions according to accepted quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow Medicare, state and federal regulations, APTA and company policies and procedures and ensure departmental understanding and compliance in the areas of care provision, documentation, billing reimbursement, resident rights, customer service and compliance and other requirements as defined in the respective regulations.
- Compliant with HIPAA guidelines, provides privacy and maintains confidentiality and ensures residents’ independence and right to make personal decisions to accommodate their needs in accordance with the resident’s interdisciplinary care plan
- Consistently and appropriately responds to the needs and concerns of residents, families, and visitors in a pleasant, respectful, and courteous manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of potential hazards and reports unsafe conditions to appropriate staff to maintain a safe environment for residents, families and staff.
- Work with the interdisciplinary team to achieve/maintain the highest functional level of all customers and promote coordinated, efficient care with a customer service focus.
- Demonstrates strong time-management skills to efficiently and effectively manage administrative and patient care delivery responsibilities.
- Provide therapy duties in all settings across the continuum of care, as needed.
- Document services and billing completed accurately, in a timely manner, according to company and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that the patient’s plan of care is communicated to patient and to family, if appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with company productivity standards as appropriate.
- Provide delivery of OT services in accordance with the primary OT patient Plan of Care (POC) in compliance with state regulations that pertain to occupational therapy assistants (COTAs)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to document (both hand-written and via typed electronic documentation) clearly to meet reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
- Reasonable typing and computer skills required.
- Must be able to speak clearly, be understood by customers and hear conversational speech.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree in occupational therapy assistant is required.
- Degree and training must meet current Medicare and state personnel requirements for Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Current CPR Certification
- Need to utilize good reasoning and judgment skills to provide treatment in accordance with the established plans of care.
- Must be able to accurately complete documentation, billing, and timesheets.
- Experience in therapeutic care of the older adult across multiple diagnostic groups is preferred.
- Possess a valid current state license (for state in which the community provides service) in occupational therapy, where applicable.
- Must meet CEU requirements to maintain valid state licensure in the state in which the community provides service.
- Current CPR Certification