Responsible for the direct observation of residents' condition and assessing the need for appropriate intervention. Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures, develop and implements the residents plan of care and participates in the evaluation of care. Supervises various nursing personnel on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Documents residents’ responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions, including the administration of PRN medications
2. Demonstrates the ability to develop an individualized care plan by utilizing the MDS assessment and care planning process
3. Follows through with clinical and psychosocial issues as evidenced by contacting the appropriate individual(s) in a timely manner
4. Carries through with comprehensive documentation qs until resolution of clinical or psychosocial issues
5. Supervision of nursing personnel, documentation and direct resident care to residents in Continuing Care.
6. Ensure that the GNA’s refer to residents’ care plans prior to administering care to the resident
7. Makes daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
8. Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by nursing staff and to evaluate the residents’ physical and emotional status
9. Plans, supervises, and instructs other staff members work.
10. Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills required.