ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
2) Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
3) Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
4) Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
5) Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
6) Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
7) Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and
8) Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
9) Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
10) May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
11) Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as
changes in behavior.
12) Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
13) Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
14) Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services.
15) Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
16) Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment and
any other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community.
Ability to complete assigned work orders, and follow a detailed schedule.
Ability to be flexible and honor other requests from residents or departments that can be completed in the
Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family
members, staff, vendors and each other.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a special
Page 2 of 3
Ability to safely operate Housekeeping vehicles
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in carpet care and floor finishing techniques preferred.
Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted
through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy).
Basic computer skills preferred.