The Prep Cook is responsible for items listed on the work station prep sheet, to include hot and cold items. Works with cooks to expand knowledge in an effort to accept responsibility of cooks function in their absence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Follows proper handling, preparation and holding guidelines, takes temperatures at regular intervals and maintains foods in sufficient quantities while minimizing over-production and waste.
2. Assists in preparing all food products as scheduled in the cycle menu (including therapeutic and mechanically altered recipes as scheduled), to include regular breakfast, lunch and dinner service and any catering or other special functions using production sheets and approved recipes.
3. Follows HACCP procedures and practices.
4. Maintains kitchen sanitation and equipment cleaning schedule.
5. Communicates appropriately with all food service staff, supervisors and listens effectively.
6. Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
• Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
• Minimum of one year experience in food preparation required.