Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housing developers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth over the next five years. We are expanding and developing in all of our 20 communities which will reinforce our position as a national leader in senior housing and health care services. Erickson Living takes pride in creating senior living communities designed to meet the needs of a growing and diverse senior population. As it grows, Erickson Living will continue to build upon its mission to help people live better lives. This growth requires a strong pipeline of talented and experienced professionals in our development team.
We currently have a job opening as a Project Manager for Development,Design & Construction team to work in our corporate headquarter located in Catonsville, Maryland. The Project Manager is the liaison between the operating company, development, owner and architects. The main responsibility of the Project Manager for Development, Design & Construction is to ensure the guidelines and programs the owner develops are upheld during construction at the least cost to the owner.
The Project Manager for Development & Construction Job Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinate the hiring of design team, general contractor, and other specialized consultants and oversee these firms throughout the process
• Establish and manage overall project schedules and budgets.
• Attend, manage and document project design and construction progress meetings.
• Manage building turnover process including the coordination of owner training and the submission of As Built documents and Operation and Maintenance Manuals
• Manage Punch List Process
• Review all pay applications for accuracy and completeness
• Process all RFI's, shop drawings, substitutions and change requests
• Ensure the needs of our internal partners in Operations, Sales & Marketing, Dining, IT are incorporated in the design and construction of buildings.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
To perform the job successfully, the candidate must be able to perform each of the Essential Duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Real Estate or related field and at least 3 years related experience.
- Knowledge of Continuing Care Retirement Communities and long term care preferred.
Demonstrated knowledge and application of construction management and real estate principles.
Must be driven to create organizational success in a team environment.
Ability to challenge conventional thinking and escalate issues as appropriate.
Strong decision making skills.
Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
Strong presentation skills