We are looking for a part time Program Assistant for our Memory Care Unit, 24 hours a week with varying shifts and a rotating weekend schedule.
The Oak Crest memory care program provides specialized, person-centered care in a setting that is safe, comfortable, and nurturing.
Oak Crest’s memory care neighborhood is designed for residents whose cognitive impairment affects their thought processes, problem-solving, judgment, memory, and comprehension. These residents benefit tremendously from a more structured environment that helps them achieve their highest level of independence and maintain or regain their sense of purpose.
SUMMARY: The Program Assistant will stimulate the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual, and emotional well-being of the residents residing in Continuing Care. Provide therapeutic and recreational activities to meet the daily needs and interests of the residents.
Person Centered Care Summary:
The Continuing Care team is committed to serving residents in all aspects of their daily lives and assisting with the day to day functioning of the neighborhood. Members of the Continuing Care team will develop relationships with the residents and their families using a consistent caregiver approach; supporting the residents’ physical, spiritual, emotional and clinical needs and focusing on placing the residents first.
Through daily interactions, the Continuing Care team develops firsthand knowledge about the residents’ values, needs, preferences, and life history. Members of the Continuing Care team provide hospitable care and services to the residents, treating them as individuals with strengths and gifts and actively listening to their voice in what care and services we provide.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Lead group and individual activities both structured and impromptu in activity spaces, common areas, and in resident’s rooms.
2. Work collaboratively with other team members, volunteers, families and community groups.
3. Assess resident’s needs and limitations on an on-going basis for program planning and written assessment forms and MDS.
4. Design, plan and prepare various activity programs using your own skills and areas of specialty.
5. Generate activity supply lists and maintain supplies and equipment in a safe and functional order.
6. Consistently maintain proper documentation including daily attendance sheets, quarterly progress notes, assessment forms, service plans/care plans and MDS as needed.
7. Participate in team discussions regarding activity programming, monthly calendars, activity and staff scheduling, and resident issues.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Activities Assistant III – Generate the MDS documentation and assessments.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Experience working with elderly, understanding of the dementia process, group leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, independent thinker, self-motivated, organized, flexible and dependable employee.