ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Works to promote, maintain and restore health.
2. Ensures the prevention of infection, accident, and injury.
3. Completes an initial and on-going comprehensive assessment of the patient’s needs/problems including OASIS assessments at appropriate time points. For clients requiring nursing services, the initial assessment shall be performed by a registered nurse.
4. The RN Home Health may be requested to visit patients that live outside of the community. This would require driving own vehicle or using public transportation to client location (FRV, ACH and MGC only).
5. Develops a care plan, which establishes goals based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates & initiates therapeutic, preventive, and rehabilitative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
6. Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change. Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs on an ongoing basis and provides care which is consistent with the medical plan of care.
7. Monitors the patient’s response to nursing care.
8. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician and in accordance with all Federal and State laws and rules.
9. Maintains department philosophy, goals and objectives, standards, policies and procedures and interprets these to ensure high-quality care.
10. Assures compliance with local, State and Federal laws regarding licensure and certification of agency and maintains compliance with accrediting body, if applicable.
11. Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient family members and staff regarding nursing care and patient’s needs, including other related problems at home.
12. Identifies discharge planning needs as part of the care plan development and implements prior to discharge of the patient.
13. Submits accurate, complete, timely, meaningful and required documentation, including progress and clinical notes.
14. Assumes on-call nurse role as necessary.
15. Reports all client complaints and incidents; implements appropriate corrective action as directed and follow-up when necessary.
16. Works with other departments to improve customer service, communication and care management.
17. Evaluates outcomes of care.
18. Maintains productivity, as appropriate.
19. Participates in case conferences with the Clinical Manager by reviewing: services, clinical documentation and discussing pertinent patient care issues and goals. Implements suggestions of Clinical Manager to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality services.
20. Participates in quarterly record reviews and communicates findings and recommendations to appropriate Agency personnel. Participates in quality performance activities.
21. Submits an accurate record of visit/hours worked each day.
22. Assists with orientation of new staff as requested.
23. Attends in-service and continuing education programs.
24. Maintains and protects the confidentiality of patient information at all times, enforces patient rights regarding privacy, personal property, and grievances.
25. Instructs, supervises and evaluates home health aide care as required by federal and/or state regulations.
26. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home health services and refers as necessary.
27. Communicates timely and accurately with referring physician and other Agency personnel to ensure coordinated and comprehensive care contributes to the total plan of care.
28. Assists with orientation of new staff as requested.
29. Complies with acceptable professional standards and principles.
30. Works with other departments to improve customer service, communication and care management.
31. Acts as Case Manager when assigned by clinical manger and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
32. Supervises LPN according to State regulations (as applicable).
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. One (1) to two (2) years of nursing experience; home health care experience preferred or as required by State regulations.
- Current State license, CPR certification.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Must speak, read, and write the English language.
- Employees that provide care to patients that live outside of the community (FRV, ACH and MGC only) will be required to present a valid driver’s license and drive or use public transportation to client location.