Maris Grove - Delaware County PA
Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures in accordance with Federal, State, Local guidelines and nursing standards of practice. Develops and supervises the implementation of the resident’s individualized service plan, observes resident’s condition and communicates to Physician and family/responsible party as needed. Oversees the resident’s care delivered by the home support LPNs, aides, homecare workers and companions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Partners and collaborates in the initial evaluation to assess resident’s needs to develop and implement an individualized service plan based on the evaluation, and in conjunction with the resident, family, physician and/or authorized practitioner.
2. Ensures resident’s individualized service plan is maintained/updated to reflect current needs of the resident.
3. Communicates with the family and/or physician and/or authorized practitioner as needed regarding resident changes in condition.
4. Ensures that resident’s individualized service plan is implemented and followed by Home Support LPNs, Aides, Homecare Workers, and Companions according to Agency policy, including instruction, demonstrations, and return demonstrations as necessary.
5. Delivers nursing care as outlined in the plan of care, as prescribed (when required) by the physician and/or other authorized practitioner, and according to acceptable nursing standards.
6. Documents in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner.
7. Participates in care conferences and other resident-related meetings.
8. Maintains resident rights and confidentiality.
9. Practices safety, infection control and standard precautions.
10. Participates in the orientation and training of other Home Support nurses.
11. Participates in the Home Support Aide staff development activities.
12. May be asked to participate in on-call rotation.
13. Adheres to and promotes the mission and philosophy of The Erickson Way.
• Ability to effectively work with a diverse employee work group.
• Ability to organize and manage time effectively.
• Must be able to perform physical and psychosocial assessment of resident and family.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrates caring attitude and good customer service skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
• Recent home care experience preferred.
• Provides clinical guidance and clinically supervises LPNs, aides and companions/homemaker.
Must speak, read and write the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
• Current licensure with the applicable state board of nursing as a Registered Nurse.
• Current CPR certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
• The employee is frequently required to walk long distances.
• The employee is frequently required to use arms, hands and fingers, to handle, reach, climb or balance.
• The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift 50 pounds, roll or transfer patients of variable sizes and weights.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Frequent contact with residents, families.
• Frequent contact with various groups of health care workers.
• May reasonably anticipate coming into contact with human blood and other potentially infectious materials. Individuals in this position are required to exercise standard precautions, use personal protective equipment and devices when necessary, and learn the policies concerning infection control.
OSHA OCCUPATIONAL EXPOSURE CATEGORY:
After careful analysis, it has been determined that this position falls into OSHA Occupational Exposure Category A (Category A in ERC policy) requiring the Hepatitis B vaccine series and the use of protective equipment.
FORMAL POLICY-SETTING RESPONSIBILITIES:
Policies associated with the position’s purpose and essential responsibilities are set by others.