Charlestown, located in Catonsville, MD on a beautiful 110-acre campus is looking for a MDS Coordinator. The MDS Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and final review of the MDS and Care Planning Process, utilization review, and selected Quality Improvement initiatives.
How you will make an impact:
• Coordinates the completion of the MDS for skilled nursing/long term care residents.
• Responsible for the education of the skilled nursing staff on MDS processes and documentation requirements.
• Monitors all aspects of compliance as it relates to MDS completion and transmission.
• Maintains and shares expertise and knowledge related to Medicare Reimbursement.
• Partners with departments, including therapy and finance, to ensure accurate and timely billing for areas related to the MDS.
• Completes MDS audits to ensure documentation supports current standards for reimbursement, reviews for trends, develops any corrective action steps for trends and monitors for improvement and/or further modification.
• Utilizes the Electronic Medical Record functions as per the Erickson standards to manage and complete the MDS and Care Plan process.
- A great benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Employee discounts, including discounted meals at our restaurants
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Fully supplied, state of the art buildings
- RN, licensed to practice in the state of Maryland.
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing with at least two year experience in Long Term Care.
- In-depth knowledge of MDS processes, including but not limited to MDS, RAPs, Care Planning, Utilization Review.
- Familiarity with MMQs preferred.
- Successful completion of AANAC MDS Coordinator Certification courses within one year of hire.