The Staff Development Coordinator responsibilities will include the following:
and/or conduct new general orientation as well as ongoing training for Continuing
• Facilitate an organized and structured approach to all educational activities to include selecting appropriate communication methods
• Organize and present instruction in a manner which meets the needs of the adult learner. Secure and maintain necessary reference, multi-media and instruction material for in-services
• Oversee and assist in the development and implementation of staff development plans; conduct ongoing staff development activities which fulfill mandatory requirements; assist with ongoing professional development of licensed and non-licensed staff through in-service and continuing education programs.
• Maintain and communicate monthly staff development program calendars
• Standardize staff orientation and on-going training to include contacting various vendors for support and certification for clinical team members.
• Responsible for proper documentation of all orientation and in-service training according to federal, state and local regulations
and provide monthly
reports to management
• Effectively implement person directed care plan, focusing on the resident’s strengths while providing a sense of comfort, companionship and belonging.
- Graduate of a nursing degree program of college or university.
- BS in Nursing/Education is preferred
- Basic computer skills required including experience with Microsoft Office, internet and web applications, Power Point, Excel and Visio.
- Experience with electronic medical record preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse license for the state in which he/she operates.