Arbor Ridge Healthcare Center at Riderwood Village has a full-time (24 hours/week; 12 hour shift) opportunity for an experienced RN to work on our skilled nursing units. In this role you will direct and support the LPNs and GNAs on duty, assist residents and family members and support the overall high quality levels of care at Arbor Ridge. Riderwood is dedicated to our staff through excellent orientations and trainings and were named one of the Washington Post's Top 10 employers in the Metro DC area in 2016! Apply today.
SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct observation of residents' condition and assessing the need for appropriate intervention. Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures, develop and implements the residents plan of care and participates in the evaluation of care. Supervises various nursing personnel on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Documents residents’ responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions, including the administration of PRN medications
2. Demonstrates the ability to develop an individualized care plan by utilizing the MDS assessment and care planning process
3. Follows through with clinical and psychosocial issues as evidenced by contacting the appropriate individual(s) in a timely manner
4. Carries through with comprehensive documentation qs until resolution of clinical or psychosocial issues
5. Supervision of nursing personnel, documentation and direct resident care to residents in Continuing Care.
6. Ensure that the GNA’s refer to residents’ care plans prior to administering care to the resident
7. Makes daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
8. Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by nursing staff and to evaluate the residents’ physical and emotional status
9. Plans, supervises, and instructs other staff members work.
10. Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person
11. Makes daily rounds on each resident and initiates concurrent review procedure when appropriate
12. Prepares monthly rounds sheet and participates in rounds
13. Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as necessary
14. Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times
15. Complete incident reports as necessary
16. Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment / care plans / service plans, as required
17. Respond to all resident requests (verbally or call-light) for assistance
18. Practice positive resident relations; responds to resident and family inquiries, concerns or problems
19. Displays a caring and respectful demeanor towards residents, families and staff
20. Maintains confidentiality
21. Manages difficult or emotional situations
22. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development as evidenced by participation in classes and seminars that facilitate enhancement of RN’s knowledge base.
23. Perform technical aspects of resident care according to established policies and procedures. Adapts techniques to individual resident’s needs
24. Administer medication with knowledge of action, route of administration, side effects and contraindications
25. Administer professional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, IV’s, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood and ROM exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required
26. Satisfactorily completes annual competency checklist
27. Contributes to resident assessment and MDS/Care/Service Planning process
28. Communicate about residents’ condition between and among nursing shifts and exchanges resident information with staff nurses and certified nursing assistants on an ongoing basis throughout the assigned shift
29. Communicate and cooperate with members of interdisciplinary health care team to accomplish resident goals established in care/service plans
30. Gives accurate and concise report on each resident to the following shift
31. Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the ADON/Supervisor indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and firing; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed by State of Maryland as a Nurse. CPR certification required.