Oak Crest continuing care retirement community is designed exclusively for seniors. Oak Crest is situated on a scenic 87-acre campus - just 20 miles from downtown Baltimore in Parkville. Oak Crest offers a vibrant, healthy and active retirement in addition to extensive wellness and prevention programs. Oak Crest is managed by Erickson Living.
We are currently looking for Part-Time, 16HR WEO (every Sat & Sun) hour Registered Nurse (day shift).
SUMMARY: Responsible for the direct observation of residents' condition and assessing the need for appropriate intervention. Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures, develop and implements the residents plan of care and participates in the evaluation of care. Supervises various nursing personnel on a regular basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Documents residents’ responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions, including the administration of PRN medications
2. Demonstrates the ability to develop an individualized care plan by utilizing the MDS assessment and care planning process
3. Follows through with clinical and psychosocial issues as evidenced by contacting the appropriate individual(s) in a timely manner
4. Carries through with comprehensive documentation qs until resolution of clinical or psychosocial issues
5. Supervision of nursing personnel, documentation and direct resident care to residents in Continuing Care.
6. Ensure that the GNA’s refer to residents’ care plans prior to administering care to the resident
7. Makes daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards
8. Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by nursing staff and to evaluate the residents’ physical and emotional status
9. Plans, supervises, and instructs other staff members work.
10. Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person
11. Makes daily rounds on each resident and initiates concurrent review procedure when appropriate
12. Prepares monthly rounds sheet and participates in rounds
13. Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as necessary
14. Ensure that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on your unit/shift at all times
15. Complete incident reports as necessary
16. Transcribe physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, treatment / care plans / service plans, as required
17. Respond to all resident requests (verbally or call-light) for assistance
18. Practice positive resident relations; responds to resident and family inquiries, concerns or problems
19. Displays a caring and respectful demeanor towards residents, families and staff
20. Maintains confidentiality
21. Manages difficult or emotional situations
22. Assumes responsibility for own professional growth and development as evidenced by participation in classes and seminars that facilitate enhancement of RN’s knowledge base.
23. Perform technical aspects of resident care according to established policies and procedures. Adapts techniques to individual resident’s needs
24. Administer medication with knowledge of action, route of administration, side effects and contraindications
25. Administer professional services such as catheterization, tube feedings, IV’s, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood and ROM exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as required
26. Satisfactorily completes annual competency checklist
27. Contributes to resident assessment and MDS/Care/Service Planning process
28. Communicate about residents’ condition between and among nursing shifts and exchanges resident information with staff nurses and certified nursing assistants on an ongoing basis throughout the assigned shift
29. Communicate and cooperate with members of interdisciplinary health care team to accomplish resident goals established in care/service plans
30. Gives accurate and concise report on each resident to the following shift
31. Review complaints and grievances made by the resident and make a written/oral report to the ADON/Supervisor indicating what action(s) were taken to resolve the complaint or grievance.
32. Follow the facility’s established procedures
33. Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property
34. Provide accurate written documentation on 24-hour report
35. Explains nursing techniques and procedures and assists nursing personnel in providing resident care
36. Displays willingness and ability to work as a team. Maintains a positive attitude; does not offer complaints, offers suggestions
37. Demonstrates a time conscious awareness; reduces non-essential interruptions to an absolute minimum in order to complete resident care priorities
38. Verifies the identity of the resident before administering the medication/treatment
Utilizes gait belt appropriately
39. Promptly answers resident call lights. Assesses resident needs and makes regular rounds
40. Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures; monitor adherence to safety rules and regulations and takes remedial action when necessary
41. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures
42. Implement and practice infection control policies and procedures; ensure compliance by assigned GNA’s to universal precautions and all other infection control guidelines; inform supervisor of any real or potential infection control concerns
43. Provides education to families regarding disease process and adjustment to continuum care
44. Maintains own staff development record accurately
45. Participates in unit QA/QI activities for improved resident care
46. Participates in the orientation of new residents/families to the facility
47. Meets mandatory educational requirements as required by regulatory agencies
48. Effectively adjusts assignments with changes in resident care needs
49. Provides leadership to nursing personnel assigned to that shift
50. Regularly attends staff meetings; when unable to attend, reads & initials minutes
51. Meets mandatory educational requirements as required by regulatory agencies
52. Required documentation completed accurately and timely (monthly summary note, comfort calls, quarterly & annual MDS, Braden scale, Falls Assessment, Care / Service Plans, skin rounds, restraints, MMDS, GNA Care Plans)
53. Signs and dates all entries made in resident’s medical record
54. Meets attendance and punctuality guidelines
55. Manage competing demands
56. Demonstrates willingness and ability to learn new procedures and policies
57. Willingly attends in-service training
58. Schedules time off in advance
59. Begins working on time
60. Keeps absences within guidelines
61. Flexible in meeting unit scheduling needs
62. Works where needed without complaint
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current certification from the State Board of Nursing