Multiple Shifts Available
Responsible for the direct observation of residents' condition and assessing the need for appropriate intervention. Provides nursing care according to established policies and procedures, develop and implements the residents plan of care and participates in the evaluation of care. Supervises various nursing personnel on a regular basis.
Essential responsibilities are listed below and may include other relevant duties as assigned:
- Documents residents’ responses and the effectiveness of nursing interventions, including the administration of PRN medications.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop an individualized care plan by utilizing the MDS assessment and care planning process.
- Follows through with clinical and psychosocial issues as evidenced by contacting appropriate individual(s) in a timely manner, including resident families and/or other care givers.
- Meets all documentation practices, policies and procedures in accordance with community, state, and local health care regulations require.
- Plan, supervises and instructs other staff members’ work. Supervision of nursing personnel and GNA documentation and direct resident care to residents in Continuing Care.
- Makes daily rounds to ensure nursing personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
- Make periodic checks to ensure that prescribed treatments are being properly administered by nursing staff and to evaluate the residents’ physical and emotional status.
- Knowledge of when to seek help or guidance from immediate supervisor or appropriate resource person.
- Admits, transfers, and discharges residents as necessary.
- Ensures that an adequate stock level of medications, medical supplies, equipment, etc., is maintained on unit/shift at all times.
- Transcribes physician’s orders to resident charts, cardex, medication cards, and treatment plans.
- Administer medication and professional services with knowledge of action, procedures, route of administration, side effects and contraindications.
- Communicate about residents’ condition between and among nursing shifts and exchanges resident information with staff nurses and certified nursing assistants on an ongoing basis throughout the assigned shift.
- Communicate and cooperate with members of interdisciplinary health care team to accomplish resident goals established in care/service plans.
- Report and investigate all allegations of resident abuse and/or misappropriation of resident property.
- Practices all safety and loss prevention procedures; monitor adherence to safety rules and regulations and takes remedial action when necessary.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency policies and procedures, infection control protocols, and resident specific disease processes.
- Ability/availability for intermittent weekend and holiday scheduling
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic computer skills required.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and firing; training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed by State as a Nurse. CPR certification required.