The Security and Emergency Services Manager is responsible for the overall implementation of the Erickson Living Management Security and Emergency Services Program to include; establishing the Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness and Prevention/Outreach Programs. Manages, implements, and oversees the Security and Emergency Services Department in the areas of program/procedural compliance, quality assurance/quality improvement, investigations, training, and administrative support. The Security and Emergency Services Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations related to the SES Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Implementation of programs and policies.
2. Responsible for the Security of the Community through the use of gatehouse, patrols, access control, visitor/contractor registration, key management and other programs.
3. Responsible for completing thorough and complete investigations
4. Determines appropriate use of surveillance in compliance with Erickson Living policy.
5. Ensures the setup of an Emergency Response Program that meets the Erickson Living standards.
6. Manages the Life Safety testing and inspection contract, ensuring that the Community meets all local, state, & federal requirements
7. Implements safety programs to include; Security Department safety inspections, responses to workplace accidents, hazard communication program, respiratory mask fit testing programs, and others as needed.
8. Setup and enforcement of parking and traffic regulations.
9. Manages the Emergency Call System for Independent Living.
10. Manages the Emergency Notification Alert System
11. Responsible for the implementation of the Electric Mobility Vehicle program.
12. Partners with Administration to update and maintain the Emergency Preparedness Plans.
13. Implements prevention and outreach programs to include seminars, articles, flyers, etc.
14. Ensures the proper documentation of incidents through the use of the Incident Reporting System.
15. Utilizes Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement to ensure consistent delivery of services.
16. Works with the General Services Director to establish and maintain an operating budget.
17. Establishes strong partnerships with local police, fire, and emergency management officials.
18. Provides exceptional customer service and hospitality.
19. Supervisory responsibilities:
a. Hiring, training, coaching, counseling and termination of employees
b. Establishes schedules, reviews and approves timesheets, completes performance evaluations
c. Provides daily leadership, supervision, motivation, and communication to direct & indirect reports
d. Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or GED is required.
• 4 year Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice/Emergency Management or related field (preferred)
• 3+ years’ outside experience in a SES Management role or 1 year of demonstrated leadership and performance in an Erickson SES Supervisor/Assistant Manager role
• 1+ years’ outside experience working in an Emergency Responder role or 1 year of demonstrated exceptional performance in an Erickson SES Emergency Responder role preferred.
• Professional Security Certification such as CPP, PSP, or CHPA (preferred).
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check is required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
2. Current CPR for Healthcare Providers certification or equivalent (within 90 days of hire).
3. Certification/licensure as an Emergency Responder Preferred
NOTE: Maryland Communities require Emergency Medical Responder Certification within 1 year of hire.
*All required licenses and certifications must be maintained as a condition of employment*