Hire will work the following schedule:
Responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Officer I, delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Daily interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds.
• Driving of the Security vehicle.
• Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
• Performs enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
• Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
• Responds to routine requests for service.
• Responds to reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
• Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
• Assists with searches of missing residents
• Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
• Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
• Responds and assists in Community Emergencies, including but not limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations.
• Utilizes local police, fire, and EMS, effectively during emergencies.
• Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Prior experience in Security and Emergency Services or related field (preferred)
• 1 year prior experience in an Emergency Responder role (preferred)
• Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy) is required.