Cedar Crest is a 130-acre senior living campus located in Pompton Plains, NJ. Our team members enjoy the opportunity to work in a vibrant community situated in the rolling hills and scenic valleys of historic Morris County.
For professionals dedicated to helping seniors live life to the fullest, Cedar Crest provides a rewarding alternative to the typical retirement community career. Our team members help each resident achieve the most active and independent lifestyle possible. In fact, almost everything our residents need can be found on campus or nearby. There is an abundance of amenities available, as well as hundreds of clubs and activities, excellent on-site restaurants, a state-of-the-art medical center, an all-season pool, and a fitness center. For this reason, Cedar Crest continually offers career opportunities in three major categories: Healthcare, Dining and Community Support.
The Campus Security Officer/EMT is responsible for the safety and security of the residents, visitors, employees, and facilities. May require State licensing/certification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
2. Daily rounds of the building and grounds.
3. Continuous patrols of property and facilities.
4. Staffs guardhouse to ensure the logging of visitors, residents and employees.
5. Directs traffic on campus property.
6. Completes Daily Rounds Reports.
7. Completes Incident Reports (regarding medical response calls, theft of property, accidents, fires, serious mechanical malfunctions, emergency response, and violations of rules and regulations).
8. Ambulance operation and responds to medical emergencies.
9. Performs additional duties as assigned by Management to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A positive attitude and willingness to work with a diverse population. Detail-oriented and dependable
Ability to implement plans formulated by Campus Safety/Emergency Services Manager. Able to operate an ambulance. Ability to write written reports in a clear, concise manner with good grammar and spelling.
Excellent communication skills (oral and written). Ability to work with computer systems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or GED. One to three years customer service experience.
State-certified first responder.