Highland Springs, an Erickson Living community, located in the North Dallas area is actively seeking a knowledgeable HVAC Mechanic who would be responsible for the continuous safe operations and preventive maintenance of all major HVAC equipment, including apartment/public area heat pumps, refrigeration equipment, PRV valves, cooling towers, pumps, motors, hot water systems, heater/chillers and building automation system and must have a current EPA certification to handle refrigerants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs requested maintenance of all HVAC equipment, refrigeration equipment, etc. as necessary.
- Responds to emergency calls for system and equipment failure.
- Inspects, monitors and evaluates efficiency and safety of systems to insure trouble free operation.
- Reads blueprints and isometrics, prepare sketches as required to document work.
- Performs all necessary scheduled preventive maintenance procedures on designated equipment while following manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Complete all issued work orders in a timely manner while providing detailed information regarding the task(s) performed along with all prescribed/pertinent equipment information.
- Performs shop repair on equipment as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair designated refrigeration equipment and ice machines.
- Will serve as team leader when more than on mechanic is required for a specific job.
- Will periodically train various staff members on proper procedures related to the completion of equipment repairs.
- Will be expected to work a reasonable amount of scheduled and “on-call” overtime as necessary.
- Adhere to operational polices and procedures developed by the Community.
- Performs additional duties requested by the Supervisor, Facilities Maintenance/Maintenance & Engineering Manager in order to ensure the effective and efficient operation in the Community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have knowledge of HVAC. Must have a working knowledge of commercial electrical and plumbing systems.
Must have the ability to adjust to new industry techniques and become familiar with new equipment as required.
Must be able to effectively communicate with residents and staff. Must function under general supervision. Must be flexible and have integrity. Must possess the ability of effectively work with residents and staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School or GED. Should possess certification for the successful completion of HVAC technical training or have 5 years experience in HVAC service. EOE