Oak Crest is an 87-acre continuing care retirement community in Parkville, MD. 20 miles from Baltimore. We’re dedicated to one important mission: helping our residents live life to the fullest.
We are currently seeking EMR or EMT trained personnel to join our team of talented individuals on our evening shift (3:00pm - 11:30pm) with weekends required.
We are offering a $1,000 sign-on bonus, where $500 will be provided upon 3 months of employment and another $500 will be provided after 6 months of employment.
The Campus Security Officer is responsible for carrying out the Security and Emergency Services Programs under the direction of the Supervisor to include; Security, Emergency Medical Response, Safety/Life Safety, Emergency Preparedness, and Prevention/Outreach. This position performs regular patrols of the property, staffing of the gatehouse, and responds to emergency and routine calls for service. The Security and Emergency Services Officer delivers exceptional customer service and hospitality, and fosters an environment of safety and security.
Evening shift hours are 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Daily interior and exterior patrols of the buildings and grounds.
- Driving of the Security vehicle.
- Staffs gatehouse to ensure the screening of visitors, residents and employees.
- Performs enforcement of traffic and parking regulations.
- Responds to medical emergencies and provides assessment and treatment according to standards of care.
- Responds to routine requests for service.
- Responds to reports of missing items, theft, vandalism, and other potential criminal activity
- Documents accidents involving vehicles, employees, residents, visitors, and property.
- Assists with searches of missing residents
- Completes thorough and detailed incident reports using our online report system.
- Conducts safety checks and inspections in support of Life Safety and OSHA code compliance.
- Responds and assists in Community Emergencies, including but not limited to; fires, floods, severe weather, hazardous materials incidents, bomb threats and evacuations.
- Utilizes local police, fire, and EMS, effectively during emergencies.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work with a diverse population.
- Detail-oriented and dependable.
Must have communication skills, problem solving skills, and be self-motivated.
Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member.
Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their family members, staff, vendors and each other.
Demonstrates a willingness to learn and has a general knowledge of the duties of a Security and Emergency Services Officer.
Ability to write detailed, concise, and professional incident reports.
Ability to operate Security vehicles.
- Ability to work with computer systems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Prior experience in Security and Emergency Services or related field is preferred.
- 1 year prior experience as an Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Care Attendant is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy) is required.
Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Current CPR for Healthcare Providers.
Current certification/license as an Emergency Medical Responder or Emergency Care Attendant