The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring the efficiency quality and production of all food items, to include receiving, storage and sanitation. The Sous Chef will be in charge of all culinary functions in the Chef’s absence, to include, staffing, food production, utility and kitchen sanitation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
1. Manages daily kitchen production and food Preparation for on-time service of resident meals.
2. Directs the preparation and service accuracy for all forecasted menu items to include recipes, proper food handling, food safety, temperature control, taste, consistency, diet restrictions (therapeutic and consistency when applicable) and portion control, utilizing production forecast.
3. Supervises proper presentation of all food items and to provide maximum appeal and freshness.
4. Provides supervision for, scheduling, training, and discipline of all culinary and utility staffs.
5. Maintains effective communication with managers, fellow supervisors, subordinates and all other coworkers.
6. Supervises organization and sanitation of dining rooms, kitchen, storage areas and loading dock.
7. Supervises opening and closing of food service operation in the absence of the Chef.
8. Ensures they and all staff work safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
• Ability to initiate and implement necessary plans to assure proper food service for breakfast, lunch, dinner, catering and special events.
• Ability to supervise.
• Employee will be required to work some weekends and holidays
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Graduate of a certified culinary program or college preferred.
• Minimum of two years full service cooking experience is required.
• Minimum of 6 months supervisory and coaching experience is required.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Certificate in food service sanitation (ServSafe) is required within 1 year of employment.
Prep Cooks, Line, and Lead cooks and Utility staff.