Erickson Living is hiring for a dynamic Staff Accountant who will be responsible for general ledger maintenance, account analysis, reconciliations, and report preparations.
How you will make an impact:
- Maintain the General Ledger (dollars and statistics) for assigned lines of business and communities.
- Review monthly journal entries and maintain monthly accounting records, detail listings, and records.
- Prepare assigned escrow cash reconciliations and reconcile balance sheet accounts.
- Resolve outstanding items on account reconciliations in conjunction with other departments as necessary.
- Prepare and post adjustments in the General Ledger.
- Prepare monthly reports for Finance Directors and upper management comparing current month results to prior month and identifying trends.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation of assigned schedules for the month-end community Financial Packages.
- Prepare assigned bank wire transfers.
- Assist in the annual audit.
- Provide supporting documentation for the preparation of the communities’ regulatory filings.
- Seek and identify more efficient accounting procedures within the department. Assist in the development of new procedures and controls.
- Develop strong relationships and interact with personnel in the communities to insure that their accounting needs are met.
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or a related discipline required
- 2 + years experience in the field or a related area.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) required.
- Prior experience with JD Edwards is highly preferred.