The Team Leader of Housekeeping Utility Workers provides leadership, direction, and support to the Housekeeping Utility Workers under the guidance of the Housekeeping Supervisor and Housekeeping Manager. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness of the Community, through the use of specialized equipment. Ensures proper handling and disposal of waste and utilizes work orders to ensure proper room/furniture setups. Assists with movement and delivery of heavy objects/ packages and maintains the Erickson Living Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Objectives. The Team Leader is responsible for working in accordance with approved policies and procedures to maintain a clean and safe environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1) Moving and arranging furniture in the community and offices.
2) Moving and rearranging furniture in residential apartments.
3) Deliver residents items to and from storage, vehicles, apartments or other areas.
4) Maintain hard floor surfaces, including scrubbing, mopping, burnishing, stripping and waxing.
5) Maintain carpeted surfaces, including extracting, interim cleaning, spotting, drying, vacuuming.
6) Clean vertical surfaces such as doors, walls, or windows.
7) Trash removal including refuse and recycling by following procedures utilizing compactors, trucks, and carts.
8) Maintaining trash rooms cleanliness.
9) Performs minor preventative maintenance, and upkeep of Housekeeping equipment.
10) May be asked to assist with cleaning of any community area or fill in for housekeeping staff.
11) Report any pertinent information to management directly related to the well-being of the resident such as
changes in behavior.
12) Maintains resident rights and maintain confidentiality of information.
13) Practices safety, infection control, and standard precautions.
14) Attends meetings, training sessions, and in-services.
15) Driving of Housekeeping vehicles for trash collection, and bulk item delivery.
16) Supervisory responsibilities:
a) Schedule and supervise daily work assignments
b) Trains, mentors, and coaches new employees
c) Investigates and resolves complaints
d) Monitors team throughout the day and reinforces safety practices
e) Ensures adequate supply levels are maintained
f) Inspects assigned areas and equipment to ensure that cleanliness and safety standards are maintained
g) Keep supervisor and manager informed of all pertinent information in a timely manner
h) Ensure that the teams paperwork is properly completed each day
i) Assist with Quality Assurance checks.
17) Performs additional duties as assigned by Supervisor to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the Community
Ability to safely operate carpet care equipment, hard floor care equipment, trash removal equipment andany other equipment necessary for the cleanliness of the community
Must have excellent; customer service, communication skills and problem solving skills
Must be self-motivated
Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
Ability to use and operate all required equipment
Ability to demonstrate professional and responsive interactions with residents and their familymembers, staff, vendors and each other
Demonstrates a willingness to learn
Strong knowledge of Housekeeping operations
Ability to lead a team
Ability to motivate staff
One to three years previous experience in floor care and floor finishing techniques..
Previous experience in a leadership role (preferred)
Minimum of three years of verifiable licensed driving experience and a history of safe driving as noted through a three year motor vehicle record check (per GS7009 Driving Record Standards Policy)
Proficiency working with computers (preferred)
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license as a condition of employment.