SUMMARY: Leads or co-leads the day-to-day operation of the studio and the audiovisual equipment on campus. This includes giving budget feedback, programming, staffing, and equipment. The Coordinator works to foster relationships within the Erickson Community Television Network and provides for the direction and training of the staff. The Coordinator oversees the daily show and all other productions—including special programs, events, and the electronic bulletin board. The Coordinator provides technical and creative leadership, vision, and innovation for studio operations and programming. The position is full time and may require some evening and weekend work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Leads or co-leads the day-to-day operations of the studio and the audiovisual equipment on campus by supervising the administrative, technical, and creative vision for the department.
2. Assists to recruit, select, coach, and train departmental staff in accordance with standards and guidelines set forth by the community and Erickson Corporate Resident Life.
3. Builds relationships with departmental and resident leadership.
4. Recruits, develops and coordinates intern and volunteer programs for support of community events.
5. Oversees the implementation of Community Television Policy and Procedures manual.
6. Assists in all areas of production as needed.
7. Provides AV live production support
8. Serves as the Executive Producer or one of the Executive Producers for all productions.
9. Gives feedback on staff performance to the Resident Life Director or designee, if requested.
10. Oversees the maintenance, repair, and purchase of station equipment and community audiovisual equipment.
11. Oversees the continued development and training of the staff, interns, and resident volunteers.
12. Conducts or participates in weekly meetings to assess the operation, programming, and future planning of the station.
13. Helps to represent the station as a member of the Community Television Peer Team
14. Assists with My Erickson app customer service.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Excellent writing and speaking skills.
2. Effective supervisor/coach, excellent rapport with people.
3. Demonstrated technical skills.
4. Self-directed with a high attention to detail and quality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication or Liberal Arts preferred.
Minimum of one year of experience in television production is required.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate effectively in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Training and supervising residents, interns, and volunteers on equipment and systems.
- Producing daily or weekly informational shows about events around campus.
- Assisting in research and purchase of new equipment.
- Scheduling and coordinating of video content and production.
- Coordinating volunteer and staff support at events.