SUMMARY: Wait Staff are responsible for serving residents and guest meals in a friendly, service-oriented manner. The waitstaff records and inputs into the POS system beverage and food orders, delivers and serves food, ensures exceptional guest service. This position requires the ability to multi task with a sense of urgency. Assignments can include Wait Staff, Busser, Runner, Meal Plater, Catering and Utility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintains the Erickson Living philosophy and “Vision” statement.
- Greets guests promptly as they arrive at their table.
- Records accurate food and beverage orders and input into the POS system.
- Explains how menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking menthods. Makes recommendations.
- Informs guests of daily specials.
- Carrys service tray in correct placement of orders to facilitate service of food and beverages.
- Works safely, consistently using designated safety equipment (personal protective equipment- PPE).
- Completes bussing, runner, meal plater, utility and catering duties as assigned.
- Handles guest complaints in a positive and professional manner
- Flexible with job duties.
- As assigned works all shifts and holidays.
- Able to work in a high pace environment.
- As assigned, performs catering function set up, break down and service.
- Organizes tasks and completes all assigned tasks. Ability to perform tasks concurrently.
- Maintains front of house and kitchen sanitation requirements.
- Understands and complies with all company safety policies.
- Reports to work on time and in complete uniform.
- Communicates appropriately with supervisors and dining room staff. Listens and follows up effectively.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to serve meals, understand guests special requests, and follow through with the service process in a friendly manner.
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED preferred.
Experience in a kitchen/service environment preferred.
Must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time
· Walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· Use hands to finger, handle, or feel; or reach with hands and arms;
· Routinely lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds
· Talk, hear, smell, taste
· Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and depth perception
· Speaking, thinking, writing, use of computer, learning new skills and information
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work in extreme temperatures including hot kitchen to refrigerators and freezers.
Employee will be required to work weekends and holidays